Thursday, June 16, 2011

Super 8 Movie Review



I went to see Super 8 today and as a big fan of J.J. Abrams and Spielberg I was psyched to see what these two had come up with. I don't like to go to a movie with big expectations because most of the time I end up disappointed but this time I'm glad I was psyched up because this film didn't let me down. I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. Abrams really set the mood for the time period and the film even looks like it came right out of the late 70's early 80's. The music and soundtrack by Lost's famed composer Miachel Giaccino set the perfect tone to a wonderfully presented story. I was taken back to the 80's when I first saw The Goonies this is the perfect adventure flick and it seems that Abrams took his inspiration right from it. The characters are easy to relate to and endearing and the sci-fi aspect provides that intrigue for which Abrams is so well known in his work now. I highly recommend you watch this one at the theater you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment